Ready State is a digital marketing agency focused on digital marketing strategy, user experience design and journalistic content creation. Our clients range from some of the biggest brands in Silicon Valley to rapidly growing startups.
We’re looking for a Project Accountant with a proven ability to stay organized and focused in a fast-paced environment. The right candidate needs to be comfortable with incomplete input, and with figuring out how to complete an assignment. Their job will involve a lot of collaboration with creative team members, but we need someone who can spot problems and solve them independently.
Also, this job is probably going to be very fun and you’ll work with some really cool people. We thought you should know.
- Develop a well-organized system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures
- Maintains general ledger and supporting schedules in a timely manner
- Maintain accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Balance accounts by reconciling entries
- Makes adjusting entries.
- Craft Accounts Receivable invoices,
- Mails invoices.
- Makes bank deposits as required.
- Review payments received and record deposits.
- Prepares aging reports; reviews aging report for posting errors.
- Calculate interest and send collection/past due notices.
- Reconciles accounts receivable to general ledger on a regular basis.
- Receives, sorts and codes new bills daily.
- Ensures that bills are authorized for payment.
- Prepares schedules for payment of standard invoices.
- Process & pay invoices online.
- Prepares accounts payable aging reports.
- Maintains files of paid and due bills.
- Researches payment records as needed; verifies receipt of services billed against contract or purchase order.
- Reconciles Bank and Credit card payments.
- Maintenance of project cost management systems
- Issues project numbers.
- Posts project budgets; makes changes as required.
- Prepares and maintains project cost control reports monthly for review by account managers. (Burn reports).
- Enters project expenses and rate adjustments; maintains backup documentation.
- Run ad hoc project cost reports as requested.
- Prepares unbilled detail reports.
- Prepares quarterly reconciliations and project profitability reports
- Summarizes projects deviating from plan.
- Staff Financial Orientation. Explains project numbering, time recording, expense reporting, bill processing and other financial and project management systems to staff.
- Assists in preparing financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information.
- College degree, preferably in business administration with an emphasis on accounting or finance, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years bookkeeping experience, preferably in a professional service-related industry.